We are delighted to be part of the organising crew for the next Scottish Radical Herbalism Gathering taking place in May 2018. The crew is looking for workshop proposals for the event – so please spread the word!
Exciting News – *Call out for Workshop Proposals*
We’re looking for people to facilitate workshops at the next Scottish Radical Herbal Gathering which will run from 11th-13th May 2018 at Tombreck in Perthshire. The event is being organised by the Scottish Radical Herbal Network – you can find out more about us and the previous events we have organised on our website www.radicalherbalscotland.co.uk
We want to support a broad range of workshops, focusing on 3 themes: Radical Health and Herbalism; Sustainability, Social and Environmental Justice; and Scottish Health and Herbal Heritage.
We’d welcome workshop suggestions on any topic, but are also specifically looking for workshop facilitators exploring:
– Cultural Appropriation & Herbalism
– Practical Herbal Skills
– Psycho-emotional health
– Health inequality
– Class, Austerity & Health
– Scottish Herbal Heritage
– The event will be held on 11th to 13th May 2018, with workshops beginning on Friday afternoon and continuing until Sunday afternoon.
-The capacity of the Gathering will be 150 people, with 2 to 3 workshops happening simultaneously. Workshop capacity will range from smaller sessions with 10+ people, to larger sessions with up to 50 participants.
-It will be held at The Big Shed, Tombreck, Lawers, Aberfeldy, Perthshire, PH15 2PB
-In exchange for facilitating a session, we can offer free entry to the Gathering and free vegan meals. There is no available budget to pay facilitation costs, but we will cover agreed material expenses & travel costs where requested.
-Accommodation will be mostly camping
If you are interested and available please send a proposal or enquiries to email@example.com. Don’t worry if you’re not sure about some of the details, include what you can and we can talk through specifics:
1) What workshop/s would you like to deliver, including a short workshop explanation/s, indicating which theme/s you’re focusing on and how it links in with the Scottish Radical Herbal Network’s Aims and Values (on our website)?
2) Who would deliver the workshop?
3) How many people could attend the workshop (maximum and/or minimum) and what materials / facilities would you need?
4) Is there anything else you would like us to know about?