- This event has passed.
Wild Things Course – Group 2 – May
12 May, 2017 at 1:30 pm til 4:30 pm
The Wild Things Course is an eight month exploration of wild food and medicine growing in a variety of habitats in and around Edinburgh through the seasons.
It includes opportunities to gain confidence in low impact foraging, beginners botany and ecology, and to develop a sensory approach to using wild plants both as food and medicine.
There will be a combination of theoretical sessions, practical remedy making and outings into some of Edinburgh’s most beautiful wild areas
The Course uses participatory learning methods & an action learning approach. Its learning outcomes for participants are to:
- Develop an understanding of the ethics and practice of ecological harvesting and gain a confidence in low impact foraging
- Try out recipes and learn practical remedy making skills for home use
- Learn about the edible and medicinal properties of some of our common British
plants and when to harvest them
- Develop a sensory approach to herbal medicine
- Beginners botany and ecology and the ability to confidently identify common
- Gain an understanding of how to live more harmoniously with the seasons
- Visit distinct habitats around Edinburgh and see how the plant communities
that live within them change over the year
This year’s course is currently full. For more information check out the Wild Things Page here